Lemon Tart 8 months later
Its been 8 months since we started Notes on a meal. Here’s whats changed.
1. Generally speaking my life has been a lot better since I started writing for Notes on a meal. Absolutely since it takes me away from Facebook
2. My favorite meal in the last 8 months has been: Halibut pan fried in lots and lots of butter, served over a mushroom, spinach and orzo fish broth!
3. In the last 8 months the most important food related thing I’ve learned is: Hot pans burn! (it’s the same lesson I’ve been learning since I started cooking)
4. I work in the industry: yes
5. I have made job related moves in the 8 months. no, its the same old grind
6. Has your perspective on food changed in the 8 months? I’ve discovered a world full of fresh local products (both in restaurants and grocery stores) and I will never go back to not knowing where my food was grown!
7. My favorite animal is steak. Chicken Breast!
8. I feel that the restaurant that gets me excited right now is: The Atlantic or The Swan!
9. I am excited about all the wonderful seasonal food that is available right now: yes (kinda already went over this one)
10. I look forward to peaches and cherries in the next 8 months. Also exploring food in Toronto and updating our readers through this wonderful blog
11. One thing about the last 8 months that has made a difference in the way I see food is: having to tell people about the food I eat. It’s forcing me to make better choices
12. Knowing what I know now, if I were a cheese I would be: Blue Brie…. just cause it seems to be the best of both worlds and it’s really fun to say
13. In the last 8 months I have broken (any tools or equipment) 4 wine glasses (in one shot) and two mugs… all glassware fears me!
14. I value respect and hygiene in the kitchen.
Share this article
No related posts.